Happy smiles start with healthy mouths, which should ideally be free from tooth decay, cavities, and gum disease. The foundation of general dentistry is preventive care. Most of us are aware that we should brush and floss our teeth every day, but none of us are perfect. That is when routine dental checkups become even more essential.
General dentists help deliver preventive and restorative services, such as teeth cleanings, cavity fillings, x-rays, and sealants. They provide a wide assortment of treatments and procedures, unlike specialists, who focus on one specific area of dentistry. A general dentist also treats patients of all ages.
What are the different services provided by General Dentistry?
Some of the services provided by General Dentistry include the following:
- Dental Crowns:They offer the best solution to restore beauty and function to your smile in case you have a tooth that is cracked, chipped, misshapen, or discolored. A crown is a customized restoration secured over your entire visible tooth to restore it to desired strength, shape, size, and color. They may also be used to strengthen and restore a tooth after a root canal treatment. As the tooth gets weakened, a crown becomes necessary to strengthen the tooth and protect it from further damage.
- Dental Fillings:Cavities can come about for numerous reasons, not restricted to dental hygiene habits and genetics. A dental cavity may be caused even with the most meticulous tooth brushing routine. Failure to take preventive action such as a filling can lead to more severe dental problems and possible tooth extraction. There are different types of filling choices, so you should discuss with your dentist which kind of filling will be best for you.
- Dental Implants: In case you are missing one or several of your teeth, then dental implants are an excellent restoration option. Dental implants can be accomplished with customized restorations such as bridges and crowns, or they might also provide support for dentures depending on your individual needs. A dental implant offers a very natural feel and provides optimum function and aesthetic appeal.
- Digital X-rays:They make use of a digital sensor to capture images of your teeth and consequently use significantly less radiation than conventional film X-rays. Further, digital X-rays do not require any chemicals for developing the images. The high-quality images can be viewed instantly on monitors right in the treatment room to provide you with efficient, accurate diagnoses and care.
- Gum Diseases Treatment: If you have swollen, red or sensitive gums, then you might be suffering from gum disease. Other common signs of gum disease include bleeding gums, loose teeth, bad breath, and tenderness while chewing. This condition can greatly affect your oral health, and getting treated to keep your symptoms under control is crucial to your health. The dentist may advise scaling and root planing, periodontal cleanings, or even gum surgery if required and instruct you on caring for your teeth and gums at home to keep them healthy.
Call Pacific Highway Dental at (253) 529-9434 or schedule an online appointment to know more about General Dentistry.