Everything You Should Know About Dental Cleaning Procedures
Posted by Pacific Highway Dental on Jul 1 2021, 12:12 PM
Dental cleanings sometimes get a bad reputation as being invasive and uncomfortable. The truth is that, for most people, the procedure is painless and straightforward. Most times, the reason behind this misunderstanding is the fact that people aren’t aware of what happens during a dental cleaning procedure.
Dr. Rena Jhuty, DMD, at Pacific Highway Dental in Kent, Washington, provides various cosmetic, restorative, and general dental treatments for her patients. In this blog, we’re getting into dental cleanings and their benefits to help you understand the process better.
Dental Cleaning - Steps
There are six steps involved in a dental cleaning procedure, as follows:
- The first step involves a complete dental examination. Dr. Jhuty will use a small circular mirror to assess all the nooks and crannies of your mouth and check for potential concerns.
- The second step involves Dr. Jhuty using a scaling device to remove all the tartar and plaque from the surface of your teeth. The duration of this step will depend on how much tartar buildup you have.
- In the third step, Dr. Jhuty will use a special electric toothbrush to give your teeth a deep cleaning. For this step, the doctor will also use a strong toothpaste that tastes similar to off-the-shelf alternatives and scrapes any foreign deposits off the teeth.
- For the fourth step, Dr. Jhuty will thoroughly floss the teeth to remove deposits in any hard-to-reach areas. The process helps clean out any remaining plaque and toothpaste debris.
- Next, Dr. Jhuty will ask you to rinse your mouth with liquid fluoride to clean any leftover plaque.
- Lastly, Dr. Jhuty will place a mouthpiece with foamy or gel-like fluoride onto your teeth to help protect your teeth from cavities for months.
Opting for a dental cleaning twice a year will keep your teeth healthy and your smile radiant.
To book an appointment for a dental cleaning procedure in Kent Washington, get in touch with Dr. Rena Jhuty, DMD, at Pacific Highway Dental. Call (253) 529-9434 or visit our office at 27020 Pacific Highway South, Suite C, Kent, WA 98032.